supplies nearly half of the North American can market. Since 1981,
sustainability has been the heart of our foundation, culture, and principles.
In our environmentally friendly process, recycled aluminum is designed to
re-enter our facility where it’s melted down into new aluminum and sent
back to our customers as a brand-new product.
Because aluminum is the most recyclable product, it can be
recycled infinitely without compromising its quality which is why nearly 75%
of all aluminum ever produced is still in circulation. If you recycle an
aluminum can today, it will be recycled and back on the shelves within 60
to create a truly sustainable future for our community and environment by
closing the loop with recycling. We challenge you to never let another
aluminum can end up in a landfill.
- Each year, every American sends nearly a dozen 12-packs worth of aluminum beverage cans to landfills instead of the recycling bin on average. This is a massive loss to both the environment and the economy. In fact, by recycling all the aluminum beverage cans that currently end up in U.S. landfills each year, we could save around $800 million for the economy and enough energy to power more than 2 million homes for a full year.
- Aluminum beverage cans contain 3X to 12X more recycled content than competing packaging types.
- Recycling is a critical part of the modern aluminum business. Making recycled aluminum only takes around 5% of the energy needed to make new aluminum — reducing carbon emissions and saving money for businesses and end consumers.
- Closed-loop recycling saves critical natural resources. More than 92% of recycled aluminum can material is made back into a new aluminum can.
- Industry recycling efforts in the U.S. save more than 90 million barrels of oil equivalent each year.
- Recycled aluminum saves 95% of the energy needed to make new aluminum.
- Recycled aluminum makes up 80% of the U.S. aluminum production.
- If you recycle an aluminum can today, it will be recycled and back on the shelves within 60 days!
Pledge to Close the Loop with Recycling!
By pledging, you will be entered into a raffle for a Logan Aluminum gift bag, including both Logan Aluminum and WKU branded items.